Your Neighborhood Referral Network
Terms and Conditions of Use and Agreement
1. Acceptance of Terms - This website located at www.sugarlandnetwork.com (the "Site") is being provided for your use by the Sugar Land Referral Network (the “Company”), also and interchangeably known as SugarLandNetwork.com. By becoming a Visitor / User of the Site, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement, which may be updated by Sugar Land Referral Network from time to time and without notice. When using a particular service or product offered on the Site you also may be subject to any posted guidelines, rules, terms of service, policies or other contractual provision as noted. If you have any questions about this Agreement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before using this Site. All references herein to "we" or "us" refer to the Sugar Land Referral Network.
2. Types of Visitors - Any person or entity (through its agents) accessing, browsing, or otherwise using the Site, either manually or via an automated device or program, shall be deemed a "Visitor or User" under this Agreement. All Visitors are bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement, then you should not use or access the Site.
3. Description of Services - Sugar Land Referral Network is a free network service where users can find referrals for Merchants, businesses and services from friends, friends of friends and an associated network of local participants directly or indirectly associated with friends or any member of the local community or residents at large.
4. Conditions of Use - All Users of this site must be over the age of 18 and possess the capacity to enter into binding contracts.
5. No Endorsement of Content or Businesses - Sugar Land Referral Network makes no representations or endorsements regarding the quality, accuracy, reliability or condition of any content posted on the Site including, without limitation, the availability or quality of any of the services offered by third parties. Sugar Land Referral Network does not control the quality, safety, truth or accuracy of the content and makes no representation thereof. Sugar Land Referral Network shall have no obligation to review the Site's content or pre-screen any of the service providers. All content provided by Users of the Site is the sole responsibility of the User, not Sugar Land Referral Network. The Site may contain hyperlinks to third party web sites outside of the Site. We make no representations or endorsements regarding the quality, accuracy, reliability or condition of any content posted on those third party web sites. We have no control over the content of any hyperlinked third party web sites and shall have no obligation to review those sites' content. Your linking to any other websites is at your own risk. You agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of any content, and that under no circumstances will Sugar Land Referral Network be liable for any loss or damage of any kind as a result of the use of any content or service providers posted, emailed or otherwise made available through the Site.
6. Acceptable and Lawful Use of Site - Any Registration Information, computer information, or other information a User or Visitor provides to us in connection with the use of the Site: (a) shall not be false, inaccurate, deceptive, deceitful, or misleading; (b) shall not be obscene or indecent; (c) shall not contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information; (d) shall not infringe any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy; (e) shall not be defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing, invasive of another's privacy, or harm minors in any way; (f) shall not create liability for us; and (g) shall not include personal or identifying information about another person who does not wish to be included. Visitors shall comply will all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding use of the Site. Sugar Land Referral Network reserves the right to report any wrongdoing, if we become aware of it, to the applicable government agencies or otherwise.
8. License Granted - User grants Sugar Land Referral Network a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable right to any and all information provided by any and all Users of the site.
9. Relationship - No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement between Visitors and Sugar Land Referral Network. This Agreement is between the site Visitor/User and Sugar Land Referral Network and is not intended to be for the benefit of any third party. If there is a dispute between participants on this Site, or between users and any third party, you understand and agree that Sugar Land Referral Network is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more users or third parties, you hereby release Sugar Land Referral Network, its officers, employees, agents and successors in rights from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and/or services.
10. Posting Reviews on Sugar Land Referral Network -By posting a review, the poster thereby represents that the review is based upon an actual experience with the merchant being reviewed. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content you post and that the content is accurate. Sugar Land Referral Network reserves the right, but not the obligation, to refuse to post or to remove any review or portions thereof, in any media worldwide if it contains or features any of the content described in Section 6. Merchants, businesses or any person affiliated with such Merchants or businesses are not allowed to review themselves for the purpose of advertising. Any reviews deemed originating from a business owner and/or other representative for the sole purpose of promoting the business will be deleted. Reviews do not reflect the views of Sugar Land Referral Network, its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies, or its employees, officers, directors, or shareholders. Sugar Land Referral Network does not assume responsibility or liability for any review or for any claims, damages, or losses resulting from any use of the Site or the materials contained therein. With respect to content you submit or make available for inclusion on the Site ("Content"), you grant Sugar Land Referral Network a world-wide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sublicensable license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display such Content (in whole or in part) and to incorporate such Content into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed. This license means that Sugar Land Referral Network, its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies have the unrestricted, perpetual and exclusive right to use, reproduce, modify, transmit, and distribute any and all materials and communications regarding and including submitted reviews, or portions thereof, in any media worldwide.
11. Offline Conduct - Although Sugar Land Referral Network cannot monitor the conduct of its users off the Site, it is a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from this Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any user without his/her prior explicit consent.
12. Security - We utilize secure servers to protect information contained on the site. Users shall not disclose any information to others that might create or inflict harm on others, including anti competitive actions.
13. Privacy Statement - Visitors acknowledge that the Site may link to other sites not controlled by us and that the collection of a Visitor's data by these sites is outside the scope of our control. Sugar Land Referral Network reserves the right to monitor a User's use of the Site in accordance with our Privacy Statement. Users acknowledge that by becoming a User, they consent to receipt of certain email messages from us in connection with the use of the Site.
14. System Integrity - Visitors may not use any device, software or routine to interfere with the proper working of the Site. Visitors may not use any method to intercept or expropriate any system data or information from the Site without the express written permission of Sugar Land Referral Network. Visitors may not take any action that imposes an unreasonable burden upon the infrastructure used to support the efficient operation of the Site including but not limited to unsolicited email (i.e.: "Spam"). Visitors shall not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our web pages or the content contained herein without the prior expressed written permission of Sugar Land Referral Network. Information on the Site is frequently updated and is proprietary or is licensed to Sugar Land Referral Network. Visitors agree that they will not copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works, or publicly display any content from our web site without the prior expressed written permission of Sugar Land Referral Network and the appropriate third party.
15. System Outages - We periodically schedule system downtime for maintenance and other purposes. Unplanned system outages also may occur. We shall have no liability whatsoever for the resulting unavailability of the Site or for any loss of data or transactions caused by planned or unplanned system outages or the resultant delay, misdelivery, nondelivery of information caused by such system outages, or any third party acts or any other outages of web host providers or the Internet infrastructure and network external to the Site.
16. No Warranty - Sugar Land Referral Network provides this web site "as is" and without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory. Sugar Land Referral Network specifically disclaims any implied warranties of title, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of informational content and non-infringement. Visitor assumes total responsibility and risk for use of this site, use of any service providers obtained from this site and hyperlinked web sites. We make no warranty that the site will meet visitors' requirements, nor do we make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the site or to the accuracy or reliability of any information obtained through the site or that any defects will be corrected. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by a user from Sugar Land Referral Network shall create any warranty not expressly made herein. This disclaimer is made to the fullest extent permitted by law.
17. Other Limitations of Liability - In no event whatsoever shall Sugar Land Referral Network, its parent company, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers or their respective authorized representatives be liable for any indirect, consequential, incidental, special, punitive or exemplary damages, or for any loss of profits or revenue, including but not limited to loss of sales, profit, revenue, goodwill, or downtime, (however arising in tort, contract, or otherwise) regardless of such party's negligence or whether such party knew or should have known of the possibility of such damages, and in no event shall Sugar Land Referral Network' total cumulative liability under this agreement exceed US $50. In any event, liability is limited to the fullest extent permitted by law. Users understand and agree that the download and upload of any material through this site is done at your discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any loss or damage to your computer system or loss of data that may result in the download or upload of any material. Sugar Land Referral Network neither assumes, nor does it authorize any other person to assume on its behalf, any other liability in connection with the provision of the site and software products. The limitations of liability provided in this Agreement inure to the benefit of Sugar Land Referral Network, our parent company, shareholders, affiliates and to all of our respective officers, directors, employees, attorneys and agents and, in each case, liability is limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
18. Indemnification - Visitor and User agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sugar Land Referral Network, its parent company, shareholders, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents and advisors from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, costs, liabilities, losses and damages of any kind (including attorneys' fees) resulting from Visitor's or User's (directly or through its agents) use of the Site, merchants or services listed or referred by Visitors to the site, hereunder by Sugar Land Referral Network and Visitor's or User's breach of any provision of this Agreement or any intentional wrongdoing by Visitor or User.
19. Violations of Terms and Liquidated Damages - Please report any violations of these Terms of Service, by emailing to email@example.com. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. You understand and agree that, because damages are often difficult to quantify, if actual damages cannot be reasonably calculated then you will be liable to pay Sugar Land Referral Network liquidated damages as follows: A. If you post a review that impersonates any person or entity or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity, you agree to pay Sugar Land Referral Network one thousand dollars ($1,000) for each such review. B. If Sugar Land Referral Network terminates your access to or use of the Site, you agree to pay Sugar Land Referral Network one hundred dollars ($100) for each review posted or for each day on which you access Sugar Land Referral Network, whichever is higher. C. If you post reviews in violation of these Terms of Service or otherwise violate these Terms of Service, other than as described above, you agree to pay Sugar Land Referral Network one hundred dollars ($100) for each such violation. In its sole discretion, Sugar Land Referral Network may elect to issue a warning before assessing damages. Otherwise, you agree to pay Sugar Land Referral Network actual damages, to the extent such actual damages can be reasonably calculated.
20. Intellectual Property
Generally - All pages within the Site are the property of Sugar Land Referral Network. The Site is protected by federal and international copyright and trademark laws. No portion of the materials on the Site pages may be reprinted, republished, modified, or distributed in any form without the express written permission of Sugar Land Referral Network. A Visitor may not, and this Agreement does not give a Visitor permission to, reproduce, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify or create derivative works with respect to the Site or the Software Products. Certain content may be licensed from third parties and all such third party content and all intellectual property rights related to the content belong to the respective third parties. A Visitor may not remove any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property or proprietary notice or legend contained on the Site or its content. Any rights not expressly granted by this Agreement with respect to the Site are reserved by Sugar Land Referral Network.
Trademark Notice - All trademarks and/or logos used on this Site are the trademarks, service marks or logos of their respective owners. Nothing in this Agreement shall confer any right of ownership of any of the trademarks in Visitor. Further, nothing in this Site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise any license or right to use any trademark used or displayed on this Site, without the express written permission of Sugar Land Referral Network or the trademark owner.
Submissions - We appreciate and will consider any comments you may have on the our Site, service, or ideas you may have on how to improve them. Please email us with your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that by doing so, or by otherwise posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting ("Posting") your comments, feedback, concepts, know-how, techniques, software, Registration Information, Reviews, or ideas ("Submission"), you irrevocably assign free of charge, all worldwide rights, title and interest in all copyrights, patent rights, and all other intellectual property rights in the Submission to Sugar Land Referral Network, its successors and assigns. You agree to cooperate with Sugar Land Referral Network, its successors, and assigns, in perfecting such intellectual property rights. Without limitation, Sugar Land Referral Network, its affiliated companies and its licensees, will be entitled to use your Submission on an unrestricted basis, for any purpose whatsoever, including, to: develop, manufacture and market products incorporating such Submission, to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and reformat your Submission; to publish your name in connection with your Submission; and the unrestricted right to license such rights. Sugar Land Referral Network does not wish to receive any submission that is confidential or proprietary. You agree not to post or otherwise provide any submission that you consider confidential or proprietary, and any submissions you post will be deemed and treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. In addition, do not post any Submissions that you do not want to assign to Sugar Land Referral Network. No compensation will be paid or is due with respect to the assignment or use of your Submission, as provided herein. Sugar Land Referral Network is under no obligation to post or use any Submission you may provide. By Posting a Submission you warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your Submission including, without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to assign, provide, post, upload, input or submit the Submission.
21. Notices - Notices to User, Merchants and Sugar Land Referral Network shall be by email or certified mail, return receipt requested. Notices to Sugar Land Referral Network shall be sent to email@example.com. Notices to User ad Merchants shall be sent to the email address contained in Registration Information. User and Merchant is responsible for keeping Registration Information current. Sugar Land Referral Network shall not be responsible for User / Merchants failure to receive notice if User / Merchants Registration Information is incomplete, not current, or otherwise inaccurate. Notice sent by email shall be deemed "received" after twelve (12) hours after email message is sent.
22. Electronic Signatures - Visitors and Sugar Land Referral Network agree that any document or record, including this Agreement, which is transmitted or received by electronic transmission by either party shall be treated in all manner and respects as an original signed document where sufficient indicia of acceptance by the respective party exists. Accessing the Site constitutes acceptance of this Agreement by the Visitor. The Visitor and Sugar Land Referral Network further agree that by entering into this Agreement they shall agree to accept electronic signatures or other reasonable electronic indicia as effective forms of acceptances. Such indicia of acceptance shall be considered for these purposes as an original signature and any such electronic transmission shall be considered to have the same binding legal effect as an original signed document. Visitor agrees that Visitor shall not raise electronic transmission or electronic signatures as a defense to this Agreement or the binding nature thereof or in any matters related to the Agreement, and User agrees to waive such defense.
23. Governing Law and Choice of Forum - This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, exclusive of its choice of law rules and matters affecting copyrights, trademarks and patents under U.S. federal law. In any action to enforce this Agreement, the prevailing party will be entitled to costs and attorneys' fees. Any suit relating to this Agreement, the Site or the Software Products shall be brought exclusively in the federal or state courts of Fort Bend County, Texas and both Parties consent to the jurisdiction thereof.
25. Inquiries - The Site and any content are offered by Sugar Land Referral Network. Anyone wishing a copy of this Agreement may obtain such by emailing Sugar Land Referral Network, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
26. Payment of Fees - If you subscribe to a service on this site that requires payment of a fee, you agree to pay all fees associated with such service. For all charges for services on this site, we will either mail or email an invoice to you or bill your credit card. Recurring charges are billed in advance of service. You agree to provide us with accurate and complete billing information, including valid credit card information, your name, address and telephone number, and to provide us with any changes in such information within fifteen (15) days of the change. Some features of our site will not be activated until payment has been received. If, for any reason, your credit card company refuses to pay the amount billed for the service, you agree that we may, at our option, suspend or terminate your right to use the services and require you to pay the overdue amount by other means acceptable to us. Additionally, you agree to pay a reinstatement fee if services are terminated for non-payment. You agree that until your subscription to the service is terminated, you will continue to accrue charges for which you remain responsible, even if you do not use the service. In the event legal action is necessary to collect on balances due, you agree to reimburse us for all expenses incurred to recover sums due, including but not limited to attorney fees and court costs.
27. Confidential Information - Do not submit confidential or proprietary information to us unless we have mutually agreed in writing. By using our services, you agree that we shall not be responsible for any confidential or proprietary information.
Users / Consumers - In order to submit a referral or review, Consumers are required to provide us with an email address, as our service is email and website based. The email address allows us to identify and track User input. Consumer email addresses are never disclosed to third parties without consent. If Consumers ask to be contacted by Merchants, we share with those specific Merchants the Users email and/or phone number for the purpose of matching Consumers with Merchants. Merchants may not contact the Consumer directly for any reason other than to address the information or assistance specifically requested in the Consumer request. In addition, we protect the contact information that Consumers provide to us internally. Only authorized employees will have access to the information provided to us.
Merchants - To become a listed Merchant, Merchants must provide us with contact and billing information. Billing information is submitted for account administration purposes and is considered strictly confidential. Some Merchant contact information will be readily available to all site Users so as to facilitate the matching of Consumers and Merchants.
Contact information, for both Users and Merchants, may be used by the Sugar Land Referral Network for purposes of sending communications to both parties regarding Network activities and promotions.
29. DISCLAIMER: Sugar Land Referral Network does not guarantee that we will be able to match your needs with a merchant listed in our database. Although we take certain steps and reasonability tests to examine the credentials of our listed service and merchant professionals, we make no guarantees or representations regarding the skills or representations of such service professional or the quality of the job that he or she may perform for you if you elect to retain their services. All merchants listed on the site come directly and solely from local resident referrals. Sugar Land Referral Network does not assess any type of judgment or validity regarding these merchant referrals. Sugar Land Referral Network does not endorse or recommend the services of any particular service professional. It is entirely up to you the User / Visitor to enter into a direct contract or otherwise reach agreement with a service professional, and we do not guarantee or warrant their performance on the job or the outcome or quality of the services performed. Sugar Land Referral Network has not verified any form of licenses or insurance regarding merchants listed on our site and has not done any type of background or legal check of these merchants. It is strongly suggested that the consumer conduct further background checks on each merchant PRIOR to contracting member services. The service professionals are not employees or agents of Sugar Land Referral Network, nor is Sugar Land Referral Network an agent of the service professionals. Sugar Land Referral Network does not perform, and is not responsible for, any of the services requested by you in your service request. Your rights under contracts you enter into with service professionals are governed by the terms of such contracts and by applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws. Should you have a dispute with any service professional, you must address such dispute with the service professional directly, AND YOU HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE Sugar Land Referral Network (AND OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS) AND ANY OTHER PERSON, FIRM, OR ENTITY FROM ANY DAMAGES OR CLAIMS (INCLUDING CONSEQUENTIAL AND INCIDENTAL DAMAGES) OF EVERY KIND OR NATURE, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, AND DISCLOSED OR UNDISCLOSED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH SUCH DISPUTES AND YOUR DEALINGS WITH SERVICE PROFESSIONALS.
The following shortened version of our Disclaimer is posted on the bottom of each page of our website:
DISCLAIMER: SugarLandNetwork.com makes no guarantees or representations regarding the skills or otherwise of merchants listed on our website. All merchants listed come directly and solely from local resident input and referrals. SugarLandNetwork.com does not assess any type of judgment or validity regarding these merchant referrals. It is strongly suggested that the consumer conduct appropriate background and capability checks on any merchants PRIOR to contracting their services. Any user/visitor of this site agrees fully to all terms of our Terms & Conditions statement listed here.
Our Leading Merchants
Our Leading Reviewers